Irish Flag Clementine Cucumber Salad - A heathy way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day
If you're looking for a fun, healthy, super delicious way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day or to make any day of the year a celebration, be sure to put this Irish Flag Clementine Cucumber Salad on the menu. It will be a hit with everyone, Irish or not!
It's light, fresh, healthy and super delicious. The greens can be varied. I've made it with baby spinach as well as the butter lettuce and green leaf lettuce that's shown in the pictures. Arugula would also be delicious as would baby kale, watercress or chopped Romaine. My suggestion is to choose whatever looks freshest and prettiest at your market or grocery store.
Avocado slices are delicious in this salad, add great texture and lots of great nutrition. They also are a perfect addition for the color scheme. Crunchy, buttery salted pistachios are the final nod to green.
For the "orange" component of this Irish Flag Clementine Cucumber Salad, I used clementines but I've also made it with oranges and seedless tangerines would work well. In the summer months, peaches would be a delicious substitution.
- 10 cups clean greens whatever looks freshest at the market (spinach, arugula, watercress, chopped Romaine, torn leaf lettuce, spring greens, mesclun mix…)
- 6 medium clementines peeled, halved and cut in ¼-inch slices
- 2-3 medium-size mini cucumbers sliced thin
- 1 medium ripe avocado cored halved, peeled and sliced into one-quarter-inch slices
- ¼ medium white onion thinly sliced vertically
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ⅓ cup salted, roasted pistachios shelled
- Honey White Balsamic Dressing