Grilled Naan Chicken Salad Wraps with Cherry Salsa
When it comes to summer and cooking, for us it’s all about not really cooking at all, which is where these Grilled Naan Chicken Salad Wraps with Cherry Salsa come in! Ok we love a big elaborate BBQ for sure. But sometimes we want that fun, outdoor BBQ experience without all the fancy sauces, multiple courses, and clean up. When we want a fast delicious grilled menu in minutes, we opt for these Grilled Naan Chicken Salad Wraps with Cherry Salsa. Just heat naan outside on the grill or inside on a grill pan, add lettuce, rotisserie chicken, cherry salsa and some feta and voila! A tasty, gorgeous meal with very little work.
This salsa is not only beautiful, it’s a sweet, tart, spicy, salty combination that compliments the savory chicken and feta perfectly. To make your life easier, use a cherry pitter. Wrap all that goodness up in warm grilled naan and it’s heaven on earth. Your mouth and your belly will be happy. You hands will be too, since there will be like three dishes to wash…unless you use paper plates and then there won’t be one.
- 1 cup pitted and quartered cherries (I used red and yellow)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 teaspoons or more or less finely minced jalapeno, basically use as much or as little as works with your level of heat tolerance
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- juice of half a lime
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups warm rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups fresh lettuce (I used baby greens)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or soft goat cheese
- 4 pieces naan bread, grilled