Breakfast Strata with Sausage and Mushrooms
Breakfast Strata with Sausage and Mushrooms is a savory, make-ahead breakfast casserole made with day old bread, eggs, cheese, sausage and mushrooms.
A breakfast strata is sort of a savory breakfast french toast. It’s perfect for entertaining because you have to prepare everything the night before and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Next morning, pop it in the oven and breakfast is done.
- 8 oz wheat ciabatta bread, or sour dough, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 oz turkey breakfast sausage, or chicken sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 4 ounces
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese