Fattoush is a Middle Eastern salad made with fresh veggies, herbs, and crispy pita bread. Tossed in a zesty sumac dressing, it's bright and delicious.
This fattoush salad recipe is the perfect side dish for a summer meal. A Middle Eastern staple, fattoush is fresh and bright, featuring seasonal vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, and lettuce, plus a hefty dose of parsley and mint. But, as tasty as tomatoes are in August, the star ingredient in fattoush isn’t a vegetable. It’s bread!
- 2 pita breads, torn into 1-inch pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley