Pork Roast with Crispy Crackling
It’s your dream come true: The best ever Pork Roast with ultra-tender flesh and ultra-crispy pork crackling! This pork shoulder roast uses a simple but highly effective method to make pork crackle really crispy. Every. Single. Time. And without scoring the skin!
Served with a homemade gravy for pork, this is The Roast Recipe I pull out that’s a guaranteed hit, always. This perfect Pork Roast has:
Slow-cooked, tender, juicy, flavour-infused flesh;
Super-crispy, bubbly pork crackling all over – no rubbery or chewy patches at all; and
Served with it an incredible homemade gravy made with the pan drippings.
It’s made without fussing with blow dryers, boiling hot water, or leaving the pork to air dry in the fridge overnight.
- 3 kg/ 6 lb boneless skin on pork shoulder, NOT scored , unrolled / netting removed
- 3 tsp cooking / kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (or other herb/spice of choice)
- 1 tbsp+ 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb , halved horizontally
- 2 onions , halved (brown, white, red)
- 2 cups dry white wine, or alcoholic or non-alcoholic cider
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock , low sodium
- Salt and pepper