Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Carrot Soup (GF)
This creamy soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, and flavored with curry powder for a flavorful & delicious vegan soup to cozy up with!
What makes this carrot cauliflower soup so good is roasting the vegetables before blending them with coconut milk and other ingredients.
For this recipe, I sliced the carrots into 1-inch pieces and then cut the cauliflower into florets. Then season the veggies with avocado oil, curry powder, garlic powder red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper before baking.
My biggest advice for this soup is to make sure to NOT undercook the vegetables. If you don't cook them until they are browned and starting to crisp, they won't blend well. Cooking the veggies at 400F for the full 30-35 minutes makes the roasted carrots and roasted cauliflower soft and easy to blend into a truly creamy soup.
- 1 cup chopped carrots about 2 carrots rinsed & chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower mostly tops, discard leaves and thick stems
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil any oil works but make sure it can withstand high heat
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper chili flakes optional, for spiciness
- 14 ounces can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder optional, add for more curry flavor to soup
- 3 dried bay leaves for flavor
- salt & pepper to taste add more or less to flavor soup as it's cooking