Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole
This low-carb Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole uses cauliflower rice, and this has all the flavors people love in Beef Stroganoff! This is a dinner the whole family will love.
I always like to start out the year with a knock-your-socks-off low-carb recipe, and it seems like when it’s cold outside people crave low-carb casseroles, right? This low-carb Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole is a recipe that was inspired by my Low-Carb Turkey Casserole that also has mushrooms, cauliflower rice, and cheese.
This ground beef stroganoff is a casserole recipe with a few steps to put it together, but I promise it’s worth the trouble, and it makes enough that you should have some leftovers!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms, washed, drained dry, and cut into quarters (I used brown Crimini mushrooms)
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (see notes)
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef Base (or a beef bouillon cube) mixed with 1/4 cup water and then simmered to reduce to 1 tablespoon thick stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. steak seasoning