Thin and Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
These Thin and Crispy Gingersnap Cookies are the perfect balance of spiced and sweet - made with sugar and a blend of ginger, cinnamon, and other warming spices. These cookies are crispy on the outside and perfectly chewy on the inside.
They make a delicious addition to any holiday cookie swap, and are perfect for enjoying with a glass of milk, coffee or cocoa. This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies, so there will be plenty to share.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses (I use this brand)
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda