Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw
Buttermilk coleslaw is the real deal, made with shredded cabbage and carrots in a creamy old fashioned buttermilk dressing. Oh, and a secret ingredient that will make your coleslaw the best on the block.
Coleslaw is a summer cookout basic that we all too often default to the supermarket deli counter. But those plastic tubs don’t hold a candle to my homemade buttermilk coleslaw! Frankly, it’s hard to stop eating once you start.
- small head green cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sour cream, optional
- 1-2 tsp prepared horseradish