Cherries are the jewels of summer, and when they make their seasonal debut, it's time to celebrate with delightful creations like Cherry Muffins with Almonds. These muffins embody the essence of summer, capturing the bright, juicy sweetness of ripe cherries and the nutty richness of almonds in every bite.
The foundation of these muffins is a tender, moist batter that acts as a canvas for the star ingredients: fresh, plump cherries and crunchy almonds. When you take your first bite, you're greeted with bursts of sweet cherry goodness, followed by the satisfying crunch of toasted almonds. It's a delightful contrast of textures and flavors that makes each muffin a miniature work of art.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and levelled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, reduce to 1/4 tsp if using salted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk, or buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted and halved (partially thawed if frozen)
- 3 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- Sliced Almonds