This Green Shakshuka is the perfect dish for a family breakfast! It’s easy to make and taste delicious, plus you’re still being festive (naturally festive too!). We’re using organic, pasture raised eggs because they’re really delicious. Pro tip: The brighter and more orange the egg yolk, the healthier and more nutritious and well rounded the diet of the chicken that laid it is, which in turn just make better eggs. You guys know how crazy in love we are about eggs (we may or may not have written an all encompassing ‘egg cookbook’ a few years back!) and that includes where they come from.
If you guys are looking for a low key, but still totally delicious and nutritious start to your day, this simple Green Shakshuka dish is just for you! Enjoy!
- 3 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 shallot (or scallions), minced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 5 Large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco, divided
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- micro cilantro or more cilantro leaves for garnish