Brie Filled Baklava
As a lover of baklava, he has to have a piece every time we run across some, and this time was no different. Except this time when he took a bite he was unexpectedly, but very pleasantly surprised to find a nice layer of rich and creamy cheese in the center! Neither of us have ever seen this before but it makes total sense! How could creamy cheese not go well with flaky, crispy crust, sweet honey, and toasty nuts?! I’m not quite sure it was brie that the restaurant was using, but it seemed to make the most sense to me so that’s what we’re using today for our own baklava!
Just a bit of layering, brushing and sprinkling involved in this recipe. So easy and they’re so delicious!
- 1 cup chopped pistachios plus more for garnish
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 sheets phyllo dough, thawed and cut in half
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 7 ounces double cream brie, rind removed and softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar granulated is fine
- ⅔ cup honey