Ultimate Deluxe Stromboli
This Stromboli is loaded with Italian meats, cheeses and vegetables, and all wrapped up in a crispy cheesy crust. Like a deluxe pizza, all rolled up like a burrito. Great for a busy weeknight when you use store bought pizza dough!
Full of plenty of meats, cheeses and vegetables, and all rolled up in a crispy cheesy crust… what could be better?
I’ve had this stromboli recipe on the website for years, but I figured it was time for a facelift, and some updated information.
It’s one of our favorite meals because it tastes absolutely amazing, yet is surprisingly easy to make! It’s even great for a weeknight meal.
You can put anything in a stromboli that you’d put on a pizza, but for this recipe, I just couldn’t choose… I wanted all the toppings.
- 1/4 pound Mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced into roughly 1 inch long pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced into roughly 1 inch long pieces
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough thawed
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 large slices pepperoni
- 6 slices Genoa salami
- 6 slices hot capicola ham
- 4 oz very thinly sliced mushrooms uncooked
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 egg + splash of water beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese