Creamy Sausage Soup
This creamy sausage soup recipe is cozy, comforting, and loaded with flavorful Italian sausage and potatoes. This creamy potato soup with Italian sausage is a real treat. It's nice and filling so it makes a great meal by itself, or enjoy it with a slice of garlic bread and a side salad. It comes together easily with everyday ingredients, and your family is sure to love it!
Crumble the sausage into a soup pot and cook it until it's browned, then transfer to a plate. Add in the butter, then sauté the chopped onion and celery. Stir in the garlic and flour, then whisk in the chicken broth until the flour has dissolved. Add in the half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, red pepper flakes and cooked sausage. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- 17.6 ounces (500g) Italian sausages see note
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped small
- 2 sticks celery chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 pound Russet potatoes peeled & diced small
- Salt & pepper to taste