Easy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Double Chocolate Banana Bread is so fudgy and rich that it will instantly satisfy your sweet tooth cravings! Almost like chocolate cake, this easy vegan banana bread is perfect for dessert, or even a decadent breakfast.
Recently I’ve been craving banana bread, but a regular batch just wasn’t going to cut it. I wanted to add chocolate, but I didn’t want to just throw in some chocolate chips and call it a day. I needed next-level banana bread, if you will.
Loaded with vegan chocolate chips, you will absolutely fall head over heels for this cocoa-powder-infused bread, just like I did. It’s everything that banana bread should be: moist, soft, cake-y, a touch crumbly, and utterly delicious. The best part, though? You can eat it throughout the day! If you want an indulgent breakfast, this is perfect, but if you’re craving something sweet after dinner, it’s equally as fitting to dig into a slice of chocolate banana bread.
- 1 cup brown sugar (200g)
- ½ cup oil melted (100g)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water mixed together for 15 minutes in the fridge, then stirred together once more before using)
- 1 cup bananas thoroughly mashed, very ripe bananas (with black skin if possible) (226g)
- ¼ cup vegan milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- 2 cups flour I used regular all-purpose flour (240g), sifted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (40g), sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus extra regular size chocolate chips for the top