Vegan Spicy BBQ Chickpea Pizza
This Vegan Spicy BBQ Chickpea Pizza is a sweet and spicy pizza hit! It’s so easy you can make it on a weeknight while adding extra protein to your meal! This pizza was a hit on the very first try. The sweet and spicy contrasted beautifully on the chickpeas, and once essentially roasted due to the heat and baked into the pizza, they are such a welcome addition in every bite. This is such a unique and fun pizza that you definitely have to give it a try. The Mr. also really loved this one, so it’s 100% husband approved too!
Whip this up to see exactly what I’m hyping about. P.S. I’m working on perfecting my pizza crust and can’t wait to share it with you!! Enjoy, friends!!
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough or dough of your choice gluten free or otherwise
- 1 16 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed OR 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup fresh tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons sweet bbq sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- A few slices of red onions
- 1 medium plummy tomato thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- drizzle olive oil optional
- chopped parsley for garnish