How to Make Super Creamy Hummus (+5 different flavor variations!)
Learn exactly how to make hummus from scratch in just 15 minutes with 5 basic ingredients! This easy homemade hummus recipe is super creamy and even more delicious than the store-bought version. Get all of our tips, tricks, and step-by-step instructions, then try our amazing flavor variations! Use it on sandwiches, as a dip and more.
The best part about hummus is how versatile it is! Here are some of our fav ways to serve it:
- With raw veggies or these paleo crackers, and of course as a dip on a vegan charcuterie board
- On sandwiches, wraps like these Greek Salad Pinwheels and even burgers
- In delicious grain bowls or protein bowls like these Vegan Mango Black Bean Green Rice Burrito Bowls or these Vegan Macadamia Coconut Tofu Bowls
- Drizzled as a sauce on these Moroccan-Spiced Turkey Burgers, juicy cooked chicken or even as a dressing on this Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad. Just thin it out with a little warm water!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained but with the liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (if removing the chickpea skins -- see below for instructions)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt