Simple ingredients quickly whisked together create this easy corn casserole recipe.
Corn casserole freezes well and can be prepped ahead of time too!
- This is the holidays after all. I didn’t go full Paula Dean and have called for less amount from the standard recipe. I promise it is still PLENTY rich.
- Cornmeal. Mixed with flour, this is the cornbread essence of the casserole base.
- Fresh Herbs. Thyme pairs nicely with the corn and cheese to bring a warmth to the dish. You may also top with chopped chives or green onions.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks )
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cans whole kernel corn drained (15 ounces)
- 2 can creamed corn (15 ounces)
- 2 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 cup), divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives optional