Hot Chocolate Cookies
You’ll love these fun and delicious Hot Chocolate Cookies! Soft and fudgy chocolate cookies topped with a gooey marshmallow. December is in full swing, and that means it is time to sink our teeth into hot chocolate cookies! I took the most decadent and delicious winter drink, Hot Chocolate, and turned it into cookies. Soft and fudgy chocolate cookies with topped with a gooey marshmallow.
This is a basic cookie dough, no special equipment or techniques needed for assembling the dough. It comes together in minutes. You can bake these cookies right away, no need to chill the dough. The texture is perfect! Slightly crisp around the edges and under baked just slightly so that the are soft and fudgy throughout. These cookies are flavored with cocoa powder and chocolate chips, topped with more chocolate chips, and finished with a sprinkling of finely chopped chocolate. They are perfect for chocolate lovers!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened, but still cool
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar, make sure it's fresh and soft
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chocolate chips , divided
- 10 full size marshmallows, cut in half across the middle
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chocolate (for topping), optional