These homemade Chocolate Truffles are a chocolate lovers dream! Only 4 ingredients to make, a super simple prep, and they have a luxurious melt-in-your-mouth texture and a perfectly decadent flavor. Sure, high quality store-bought chocolate truffles are always temptingly delicious, but have you tried them homemade yet? Believe it or not they are even better!
You can use anywhere from about 35% to 75% intensity of chocolate. If using milk chocolate it’s important to follow specific ratios and direction for that as it has added milk in the chocolate and requires less cream. Plan ahead and be sure to allow enough time for refrigeration. The chocolate will be super runny and needs to set in the fridge before attempting to roll. Plus they are so fun to make and perfectly customizable. You can add different extracts and roll (or dip) in so many different toppings to finish. They are great for gifting and always sure to satisfy those chocolate cravings!
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use high quality chocolate*)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Coating (pick at least 1)
- Cocoa powder (Dutch or regular)
- Fine shredded coconut
- Sprinkles or coarse/raw sugar
- Finely chopped chocolate (shaved or blitzed fine in a food processor)
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts)
- Freeze dried berries, pulverized in food processor