Almond Lemon Blueberry Pie Bars
Simple, 10-ingredient Blueberry Pie Bars with a cookie crust, slivered-almond coating, and 2-ingredient glaze! The perfect easy summertime dessert.
Right about now I’m guessing you have a giant crate of blueberries sitting in your fridge, just waiting to be used. I have solutions!
These pie bars are are simple, requiring just 10 ingredients (which are flexible based on preference and dietary needs). And they deliver big tart-sweet flavor. Be stoked.
I think you guys are going to LOVE these bars. They’re: Summery, Sweet, Loaded with blueberries. Slightly tart, Crunchy from the almonds, Easy & Seriously delicious. Make these for friends, BBQs, dinner parties, or just to use up all that beautiful summer produce.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup each) vegan butter (softened*)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp Blue Diamond Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (or other mixed berries, e.g. strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or organic cane or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 small lemon (zested + juiced // 1 small lemon yields ~2 Tbsp juice or 30 ml)
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup organic icing/powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Blue Diamond Almondmilk Original Unsweetened