Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is the lazy person’s trick for serving Buffalo wings for a crowd. You get all the tangy, fiery flavors of hot wings coated in a rich, creamy dip. You know it’s good when it’s just as delicious on celery as it is on chips! And maybe best of all, you won’t go through a tower of napkins while enjoying it! But what makes this the ultimate? It’s not the sauce or the cheese — it all comes down to the chicken.
When you’re hosting a party — be it game day or board game night — the aim is to set up a spread everyone enjoys. Usually, there’s no better way to guarantee satisfaction than by including hot wings. But hot wings for a crowd get cold fast, you never order enough, and inevitably you have to contend with that pile of bones. Buffalo chicken dip gives you all the flavor of hot wings in the form of a dip, and everyone loves dip!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot sauce, such as Cholula or Frank's RedHot®
- 3 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- Crumbed blue cheese, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, corn chips, celery sticks, for serving