Chicken Fajita Soup
This whole 30 Chicken Fajita Soup has all the flavors of sizzling fajitas, but in a warm and comforting slow cooker soup recipe. Jazz it up and top it with cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, or even tortilla strips.
Converting this Chicken Fajita soup recipe to stovetop is easy. Simply heat a little olive oil in a large dutch oven or stockpot and sauté the veggies until they are tender. Cut the chicken into bit-sized pieces and add it to the pot with the veggies. Add the herbs and spices and sauté until the chicken is cooked through. Add the chicken stock and let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. You will have dinner on the table in no time.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, more to taste