Seared Salmon Salad with Baked Crispy Chickpeas & Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe
Why This Seared Salmon Salad with Baked Crispy Chickpeas & Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe Works:
It’s delicious and its ingredients have be shown to improve cognition and preventing Alzheimer’s!
The crispy chickpeas are SO easy to make and really give this salad a nice crunch!
The fresh strawberry vinaigrette adds a slight sweetness, and you’ll rest assured knowing nothing but fresh ingredients are going into this dressing! See what your local fishmonger has fresh. Albacore tuna and arctic char are also great sustainable, healthy choices. Take a look for garbanzo beans, as these are the same as chickpeas. Can I use store-bought salad dressing? You can, but store-bought salad dressings contain quite a bit of sugar and sodium. To keep this salad Diet-friendly, stick to the fresh strawberry vinaigrette. It whizzes up in 2 minutes!
Seared Salmon Salad
- 4 4 oz skin-on wild salmon filets about ¾" thick
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz dark, leafy greens cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 can of garbanzo beans 15 oz
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 8 oz strawberries fresh or frozen, tops removed (about 1½ cups)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste