Easy Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
Make soft, puffy Gluten Free Hamburger Buns completely from scratch with this easy recipe. These homemade hamburger buns bake up to golden perfection, ready to be filled with all your favorite burger ideas!
With warmer days on the horizon, I start dreaming of summer meals and burgers on the grill. Getting a headstart on burger season, I set out to make hamburger buns that were not only gluten free, but so close to the original that you can (literally) taste it! This recipe makes the most, soft, puffed-up, gloriously golden hamburger buns completely from scratch.
Just ten minutes of prep, a half hour in the oven, and a bit of resting time in between is all it takes to make your own perfect gluten-free burger buns! These light and fluffy burger buns are best on the day they’re baked, however, you can store them airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you do plan to make them ahead, I recommend freezing them.
- 1 1/2 cups water about 100-110°F
- 1 tbsp honey or granulated sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Measure-for-Measure), plus an additional 1-4 Tablespoons, if needed
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 5 tbsp butter melted and cooled, divided
- 2-4 tbsp white sesame seeds optional