Fresh Corn Fritters
These easy corn fritters are sweet and delicate, and a great way to use fresh sweet corn, especially once the thrill of eating corn on the cob has worn off and you're looking for something new. Serve these fritters plain or with a spicy salsa fresca, cilantro sauce, or other zesty sauce to highlight their sweetness.
Do keep in mind that any stray corn kernels that hit the oil may pop, splattering hot oil. It is best to cover the frying pan with a splatter screen if you have one.
- 4 ears sweet corn, or 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Neutral oil for frying, such as canola or peanut oil
- Coarsely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional