Roasted Brussels with Avocados and Pecans
Roasted Brussels with Avocados and Pecans take already-amazing roasted Brussels Sprouts to a whole new level, and this is such a fun idea!
I increased the ratio of avocado to Brussels Sprouts, because after all, this is a recipe to make for a special occasion. I also changed the preparation method quite a bit to make this a Thanksgiving-friendly dish; for my version you can cook the Brussels Sprouts in a very hot oven after you take out the turkey.
For anyone who likes Brussels Sprouts, avocado, and pecans, this recipe is a must-try, and I’ve recently improved the photos to entice you to do that. In fact, don’t wait until Thanksgiving to try it; you can thank me later.
- 1/4 cup pecans (or more, see notes)
- 1 lb. fresh Brussels Sprouts, stems trimmed and cut in halves or quarters (see notes)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. + 2 - 3 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste