Ritzy Chicken Casserole
Once you taste this comforting chicken casserole you will understand why it's so popular. The buttery Ritz cracker top and bottom crusts offer surprising flavor and texture, and the rich and creamy sauce is unbelievably easy to make, featuring canned cream of chicken soup and sour cream. You may omit the bottom layer of crackers if you'd like to lighten the recipe a bit.
Perfect for weeknight dinners, the chicken casserole takes no more than 15 minutes to put together and bakes to perfection in about 30 to 40 minutes. Make sure to cook the chicken before adding to the sauce. Serve with roasted or steamed broccoli or a simple salad on the side.
- 60 Ritz crackers (about 2 sleeves), divided in half
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided in half
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream regular or low-fat, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium or unsalted
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked boneless chicken breasts, diced
Write a comment