Instant Pot Lasagna
There's no need to heat the oven with this Instant Pot lasagna; it can be enjoyed any time of the year, even on warm summer days. The total cooking time for this is just 34 minutes, a much shorter time than the typical pan of baked lasagna, which takes an hour or more.
The best pan to use for this lasagna is a round 7- by-3-inch pan with a removable bottom, such as a push pan, or a 7-inch springform pan.
Lasagna is an excellent make-ahead meal. Brown the ground beef and assemble the lasagna the day before, and then refrigerate the casserole until about 45 minutes before you plan to serve it. All you have to do is pop it in the Instant Pot and cook it as directed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles (about 5 ounces)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce