Spinach Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Bell Pepper
Get ready to elevate your pasta game with this vibrant and healthy Spinach Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Bell Pepper. Bursting with colors and flavors, this dish is a feast for both your eyes and your taste buds.
The star of this recipe is the roasted broccoli and bell pepper. Roasting these vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and adds a delightful char that pairs perfectly with the tender spinach pasta.
To prepare this dish, start by roasting your broccoli florets and bell pepper slices with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, and a dash of black pepper. The roasting process caramelizes the veggies, creating a robust and smoky flavor profile.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli (about 1 ½ pounds), florets removed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces DeLallo Whole Wheat Linguine or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot bulb, sliced very thin (about ½ cup, sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Optional: 1 ounce finely grated Parmesan cheese* (about ¾ cup, grated), plus extra for garnishing
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste