Brighten your day with this chipotle salsa recipe! Make it for an afternoon snack with tortilla chips, or serve it alongside your favorite Mexican recipes. This chipotle salsa is a little smoky, somewhat spicy (or downright spicy, if you wish), and totally irresistible.
This salsa is based on my go-to red salsa recipe, with the addition of smoky chipotle peppers. Chipotle peppers are vine-ripened jalapeños that are smoked and dried, so they offer great depth of flavor. For this recipe, we’ll use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, so they’re ready to blend into the salsa.
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes*
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roughly chopped white onion (about ½ small onion)
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ medium jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, more if needed
- ½ teaspoon fine salt