Wurstsalat (Swiss/German Sausage Salad)
Popular throughout Switzerland, Germany, eastern France and Austria, this Swiss Wurstsalat (Sausage Salad) is low carb, high protein and PACKED with flavor. It’s satisfying and delicious!
- 10 ounces Swiss cervelat, Lyoner, Fleischwurst, ring bologna or ham , cut into strips (if using cervelat, slice it thinly)
- 8 ounces Emmentaler cheese , cut into strips (can substitute some Gruyere for a stronger flavor)
- 6 ounces German pickles , cut into strips
- 1 medium or large yellow onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- malt vinegar (optional) (I love to use half malt vinegar/half apple cider vinegar for a fantastic flavor)
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice from the German pickles
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons German yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated cane sugar (recommend for best flavor but omit if eating keto)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- optional: chopped chives for garnish
German Potato Salad
This is a warm potato salad, German-style! Slices of boiled potato are tossed in a warm, tangy-sweet bacon vinaigrette while hot so they absorb the flavor. They’re then showered with crispy, golden ba...
German Cucumber Salad
This is a great, easy and refreshing German Cucumber Salad that’s something a little different to the usual. Called Gurkensalat, it’s a staple side salad in every household in Germany. It’s particular...
German Chocolate Cake
This German Chocolate Cake recipe serves up the most sumptuous chocolate treat. A delicious coconut pecan frosting adorns a rich and moist cake, that’s nothing short of show stopping!Moist, rich choco...
German Apple Cake
A simple German Apple Cake recipe (Versunkener Apfelkuchen) that is delicious, beautiful and unsuspectingly low maintenance. It's a perfect holiday dessert, but can be made and enjoyed all year long! ...
Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
Delicious Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake – A Simple And Delicious Dinner Recipe That Includes Swiss And Parmesan Cheeses And Baked To Perfection.It’s one of our favorite chicken recipes, and for good reaso...
Swiss Steak Noodles
wiss Steak Noodles are a flavorful and comforting dinner with ground beef, bell peppers, mushrooms, and tomato sauce over egg noodles.This Swiss Steak recipe is the perfect quick Dinner to serve for b...
German Plum Cake
This German plum cake is perfectly rich and buttery. It has a thick layer of tender, juicy plums and is topped with a delicate, sweet streusel. This quick and easy version is made without yeast, but i...
German Potato Dumplings
An authentic German Potato Dumplings recipe (Kartoffelklösse Rezept), just the way my Mutti and Oma always made them! Pillowy soft and tender, they are the perfect accompaniment to your sauce-based d...
Swiss Chard Casserole
This low-carb and delicious Swiss Chard Casserole will work for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and this meatless dish is also gluten-free. This is a leafy greens casserole I’ve been making for years, an...
Chocolate Peppermint Swiss Roll
This chocolate peppermint Swiss roll is so pretty and festive! The cake is filled with peppermint whipped cream. Topped with chocolate ganache and candy canes. Chocolate Swiss rolls are such an eye-ca...
Swiss & Cheddar Cheese Fondue
Swiss & Cheddar Cheese fondue is an easy appetizer recipe that is perfect for holiday dinners, parties and family gatherings! This delicious fondue recipe comes together in just a few minutes with...