Pizza Spaghetti Pie
This hearty spaghetti casserole may look a little more like cake than pie, but make no mistake, it's every bit inspired by the unique noodle dish. Spaghetti pie is simply cooked noodles mixed with tomato sauce, toppings, eggs, and loads of cheese, then baked in the oven for a nice golden-brown crust. It's like a frittata married a bowl of mom's spaghetti. Baking it in a springform pan makes it easy—and pretty!—to cut and serve, but you can do it in a pie dish as well.
This kid-friendly dinner is filled with pepperoni and cheese, but also sneaks in some chopped spinach that little ones won't even notice as they're digging in. It's incredibly easy to whip together and is bursting with cheesy, pizza deliciousness in every bite.
- 1 pound spaghetti (uncooked)
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (plus extra for serving)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup thick sliced pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Optional: ricotta cheese
- Optional: chopped parsley