Vegan Meatballs (Sweet & Sticky)
These Vegan Teriyaki Meatballs have the perfect texture and taste divine! They are incredibly easy to make, coated in a homemade sweet and sticky teriyaki sauce and so meal preppable!
These cauliflower meatballs — or veggie meatballs or or literally whatever you want to call them — are about to make your next weeknight meal EPIC.
Having Vegan Teriyaki Meatballs pre-made and sitting in your fridge. Waiting for you to add it to every meal. On top of pasta. With rice. Quinoa. Squished down into a hoagie. Squished into little sliders between bread. Slathered in an easy and thick teriyaki sauce that’s clinging to it and…
I think you get the picture. Meal prep friends! What a wonder it can add to our weeks. These vegan teriyaki meatballs are:
Firm enough to stick a fork in and not fall apart
Still moist enough on the inside
Covered in a thick and syrupy homemade teriyaki sauce
The perfect texture
Freezer friendly — just freeze without the sauce!
Meal prep friendly — make like 40 and add it to everything in life.
- 8 ounces roasted cauliflower (instructions below) (1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (137g)
- 2 Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacers OR flax eggs if flax eggs, less one tablespoon of liquid per flax egg
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced (114g)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs gluten free if needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ¼ cup raw unrefined brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 teaspoon water stirred together
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- chopped scallion to garnish