Cranberry Orange Biscotti
Cranberry orange biscotti is a delicious treat especially during the holidays, and it pairs perfectly with tea, coffee, and hot chocolate! Trust me, I tried them all!
Today is a cold day, and you know how much I like those. Those days when you’re not feeling guilty watching Netflix all day while dipping one biscotti after another in your hot chocolate. It’s the weather… it’s not you. So yeah, this is the sort of day I’m having, and I almost hate to admit how much I enjoy it. These biscotti cookies would be perfect to nibble on during the holiday or as a gift.I played with a classic biscotti recipe to make these cranberry orange biscotti. I did change a couple of things but the recipes are similar. This recipe is even simpler because you won’t need a mixer, you just need to mix all the ingredients together.
They are really good on their own with a subtle but noticeable orange flavor, but they are even more delicious if they are dipped or drizzled with white chocolate. Bittersweet chocolate works too but personally, I prefer the flavor of the white chocolate. If you prefer dipping the biscotti in chocolate, you’ll need to double the amount of chocolate in the recipe.
- 2 cups (280 g/10 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (150 g/5.3 oz) granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon , optional
- zest from 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick/55 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur , optional
- 100 g/3.5 oz melted white chocolate , to drizzle, optional