Beef Rice Pilaf
ThisUzbek Beef Plov (Beef Rice Pilaf Recipe) is just like traditional rice pilaf, but better! Tender beef, rice, spices, and veggies are cooked together in one pot. It’s a comforting and delicious meal that’s perfect for feeding a crowd!If you want to make your entire family happy, then you have to serve them this Uzbek Beef Plov!
Similar to a traditional rice pilaf, this beef pilaf recipe is made with seared beef, vegetables, garlic, and spices to take the flavors to new and delicious levels. The best part is it’s cooked all together in one big pot.You don’t even need any complicated ingredients to make meat pilaf at home! All you need is beef chuck (or sirloin or lamb – your choice!), medium-grain rice, a few veggies, and simple spices. It’s delicious with pickled vegetables on top and a scoop of radicchio Caesar salad on the side.
- ¾ cups avocado oil or canola oil
- 3 lbs beef chuck or use beef sirloin or lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 6 large carrots peeled and cut into thicker matchsticks
- 2 ½ tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt to taste
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 cups medium grain rice Calrose rice is what I use, rinsed
- 1 head garlic keep whole, peel back the layer until you have one-two layers