Dinner Idea: Hamburger Soup
A hearty soup loaded with flavorful lean ground beef, nutritious vegetables, and it's full of rich, satisfying flavor. It's easy to throw together and a perfectly comforting, homestyle soup!
So what exactly is hamburger soup? This soup is basically the simplified, soupier cousin of beef stew. It’s a ground beef based soup loaded with lots of nutritious vegetables. Plus it’s a versatile soup so you can play around with the vegetables and seasonings added. And no it doesn’t really taste like a hamburger.
It’s almost certain to become a family favorite! It’s just classic homestyle comfort food, that’s sure to brighten up those dark out days, at least a little. Then as a side note this is more of a stewp (somewhere between a soup and a stew) if you want more liquid feel free to add extra broth. You can swap cabbage or other veggies in here like green beans, corn, asparagus or zucchini.
Wondering what to serve with it? Try Cheesy Garlic Bread to make an extra cozy meal! Try this delicious soup, loaded with flavorful lean ground beef, hearty vegetables like potatoes and carrots, and full of rich flavor. It’s easy to throw together and a perfectly comforting soup!
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth, or 1 cup more for a more brothy soup
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 3 cups peeled and cubed Russet potatoes (cut about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tsp dried oregano, or 1 Tbsp fresh
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme, or 2 tsp fresh
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley