Corned Beef Dinner with Cabbage, Potatoes and Carrots
The best corned beef dinner with cabbage, potatoes and carrots, all roasted to perfection! Best served with mustard.
Say hello to the must-have dinner this St. Patrick’s Day. A complete corned beef dinner made completely in your oven from start to finish.
The key thing here though is to soak your corned beef for at least 2 hours prior to cooking to help draw out the salt during the curing process. It truly makes all the difference.
While your corned beef cooks for about 3 1/2-4 hours (not to worry, most of this time is completely hands off), you can roast your side goodies (cabbage, potatoes and carrots) during the last 35 minutes of cooking time.
When ready to serve, go ahead and spoon some of the warm pan drippings right onto your corned beef. You won’t regret it at all.
- 1 (4 1/2 pound) center-cut corned beef brisket, excess fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves