Coconut Bars are an easy dessert recipe that’s a favorite for a coconut lover! A buttery shortbread crust with soft coconut filling (think a soft magic bars) that’s irresistibly good!
These coconut bars are decadent dessert bars! Imagine the consistency of classic lemon bars but with coconut flavor and shredded coconut in the filling. They are slightly softer than hello dolly bars or magic bars but can be hand held for eating or eaten with a fork.
As far as cookie bar recipes go, they are easy to make. The crust is baked then the filling added on top of the crust and baked again for a soft tasty dessert. We’ve included ways to change them up too.
If you love sweet coconut flavor of these buttery coconut bars try these coconut recipes too: Tropical Magic Bars, Coconut Cookies and Coconut Macaroons too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour regular or gluten-free measure-for-measure flour blend
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut