One Pan Cilantro Chicken Meatballs in Mango Coconut Sauce
One pan cilantro chicken meatballs simmered in a creamy sweet mango coconut sauce! This one pan meal cooks in just 30 minutes, is packed with protein and veggies and will knock your socks off with flavor. Serve with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or over noodles! Yum.
I’m bringing back a one pan meal everyone is absolutely obsessed with. It’s seasonal, perfect for summer, and packed with flavor.
I’d like you to meet my cilantro chicken meatballs simmered in a easy, sweet mango coconut sauce. I’m in love and you will be too.
This recipe all started when i was digging around in my blog archives looking at some of my most popular dinner recipes. Most of them happened to be one pan meals: mama’s puerto rican chicken and rice, thai yellow curry chicken and rice and of course my tandoori chicken and rice.
Clearly i’m a one pan meal lover and so are you!
- For the meatballs:
- 1 pound 93% lean ground chicken (or lean ground turkey)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (or if GF sub 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup finely diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (can also use avocado oil or coconut oil)
- For the coconut mango sauce:
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup diced mango (can use frozen, just make sure you thaw it first)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (or edamame)
- To garnish:
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Diced green onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce, if desired