California Roll in a Bowl
Sushi night at home just got a lot easier with this California Roll in a Bowl recipe. All the fresh and light flavors of a California roll, but in a deconstructed bowl version. Best of all, it can be made in less than 30 minutes and can be made keto, paleo, and even whole30.
Serving suggestions and substitutions
Make ahead: This California Roll in a Bowl recipe can definitely be made ahead of time. I would just recommend keeping all of the ingredients separate and then arranging the sushi bowls when you are ready to serve.
Seafood: Instead of the crab, you can make this California Roll in a Bowl with fresh sushi grade salmon or tuna also. Better yet, use all three.
Spicy mayo: Instead of using Yum Yum Sauce, you can mix up some sriracha and mayo for a spicy mayo topping. Wasabi mixed with mayo is also a great choice.
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar (get it here)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (monk fruit for low carb) code peace for 20% off
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (cauliflower rice for low carb)
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and cubed
- 4 dried wasabi seaweed snack sheets or 1 nori sheet, sliced or crumbled
- ½ cup chopped English cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons furikake (get it here)
- Yum Yum Sauce, for serving (get the recipe here)
- Soy sauce, for serving