Raw Summer Squash Salad with Arugula and Feta
This Raw Summer Squash Salad with Arugula and Feta is a delicious salad to make with fresh young summer squash and zucchini! You can use baby spinach if you’re not a fan of arugula.
This Raw Summer Squash Salad with Arugula and Feta was an experiment that turned out to be a success, and now I’m sure I’ll make this every year when zucchini is abundant and the weather is too hot to cook. I’ve been experimenting with new ways to use squash, something I have fun with every summer. After I was wowed by the Zucchini Carpaccio, I started wondering about a variation of that salad with yellow squash, and this combination with arugula and herbs is the happy result.
- 3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (or a bit less, see notes)
- 4 T good quality extra virgin olive oil
- zested skin from one whole lemon (or a bit less)
- 3 medium sized yellow or green summer squash (see notes)
- 5 oz. baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped fresh herbs (see notes)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese