Chicken Stuffed Peppers with White Beans
These easy Chicken Stuffed Peppers with White Beans are a great way to use up leftover chicken breasts for dinner!
Stuffed Peppers are a favorite in my house! I came up with this easy recipe when I had some leftover chicken breast. You can also use chicken breast from a rotisserie or add some breasts to the slow cooker and cook 4 hours low until it shreds easily with two forks.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, or parsley
- 5 bell peppers, red, orange, yellow or green
- 14 oz shredded cooked chicken breast*, from rotisserie chicken or leftovers
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning salt, or salt to taste
- 15.5 oz can white beans, not drained
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar