Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken is wholesome, filled with bright, good-for-you veggies like butternut squash, green peas, and bell peppers, and the leftovers will keep on living long into the week.
While steadfast and reliable—this is an easy dump-and-go crockpot recipe—this crockpot chicken recipe is not to be underestimated.
It is bursting with layers of flavor, lightly creamy, packs in the veg, and is healthy too.
- 2 cans light coconut milk (14 ounce cans)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Prepared brown rice for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for serving