Lemon-Garlic White Bean, Kale And Fennel Soup
A quick to pull-together soup with fennel, ample garlic and a squeeze of lemon. This hearty and nourishing White Bean Fennel Soup Recipe is so satisfying on its own with a thick slice of crusty sourdough to make a cozy meal. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and easily gluten free.
With just a few simple pantry staples and a short list of fresh ingredients, this fennel soup recipe is easy on the wallet. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe (see recipe card for details):
- Olive Oil – extra virgin for sautéing the veggies.
- Onion – yellow to add loads of flavor.
- Fennel Bulb – fresh fennel with fronds attached. While the fronds will only be used for garnish in this , they’re quite tasty in green smoothies.
- Garlic – fresh fat garlic bulbs, minced.
- Kale – I like Lacinato or Dinosaur Kale in this recipe, but any kale will do.
- Vegetable Broth – a good veggie broth is key here. My preferred brand is Better than Bouillon.
- Cannellini Beans – cooked white beans (aka white kidney beans).
- Lemon Juice – to brighten and balance the flavors.
Write a comment