This Zucchini Slice recipe is the perfect easy breakfast or lunch – part quiche and part pie, it’s packed with veggies, cheese, and savoury flavours!
I’m always looking for new ideas for simple make-ahead breakfasts and easy lunches and this Zucchini Slice is one of our favourites! It’s a cross between a quiche and a pie, it’s perfect for busy days and slow weekend brunches, and it’s a great way to use up all that garden fresh zucchini that’s so plentiful this time of year!
- 1 cup Bisquik mix
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (use fresh zucchini)
- 1 large onion diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese reserve 1/4 cup for topping before baking
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped (or use 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil