French Silk Brownies
French Silk Brownies. A homemade fudgy brownie topped with a smooth and creamy French Silk topping. The ultimate in chocolate desserts. Soft and fudgy brownies topped with a smooth and creamy french silk layer.
This is the same brownie recipe I used for the Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies. It’s perfect for using to layer up. It’s thick and fudgy, yet soft. The french silk layer is beyond perfect. And it’s the same as the recipe for the Mini French Silk Pies.
If you’ve never made French Silk before, it’s really easy, just slightly particular. I go into a lot of detail on the pie post, so I don’t want to repeat myself too much. But yes, it’s made with egg.
You can use pasteurized eggs if there’s some at your market, or you can use a pasteurized egg product. When I used this in the past it did have a slightly different texture and it needs to be mixed and beat a bit more than regular eggs. The ultimate in chocolate desserts.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, I used Ghirardelli -melted and cooled
- ¾ cup ultra fine sugar, white granulated sugar that has been blended or through a food processor
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, cold