Smash Burgers with House Sauce
The famous Smash Burger! Deeply crisped, craggy, juicy, squashed patties covered with melty cheese, piled on a buttery bun, and topped with a dreamy zip of secret sauce.
Oh, the smash burger. The deeply crisped, craggy, juicy, squashed patty. The drip-melt of the cheese. The pile of your burger essentials like bright sweet tomato, ruffly lettuce, fried onions if you are a star. The buttery toast of the brioche bun. The dreamy zip of the secret sauce.
Smash Burger Sauce (for mixing with the ground beef)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- a couple swishes of fish sauce (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Burger Essentials and Toppings
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20 is ideal)
- Brioche buns
- American cheese (the good kind from the deli)
- House Sauce
- Other toppings you might like: diced or sliced onions (sautéed for an extra level up), lettuce, tomato, or pickles