Grilled Carrot Arugula Salad with Fig, Goat Cheese & Avocado
Beautiful grilled carrot arugula salad with sweet dried figs, tangy goat cheese, creamy avocado and crunchy walnuts.
Drizzle this fresh arugula and carrot salad with a flavorful maple tahini dressing for a wonderful lunch or easy side dish! Options to grill or roast the carrots for ease.
Store this carrot arugula salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you plan on making it ahead of time I’d recommend leaving the dressing and the goat cheese off until you’re ready to serve it.
- For the carrots:
- 4 large carrots, cut in half vertically and stems/tops removed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the salad:
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ¾ cup dried fig halves
- 1/3 cup walnuts halves and pieces
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Maple Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup drippy tahini (I always use Soom Tahini)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin out a bit
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper