Quick and easy Raspberry Almond Cake
Quick and easy Raspberry Almond Cake. Made with almond meal, flaked almonds and fresh raspberries, it boasts a soft, buttery crumb and a golden, nutty crust. Best of all, it’s ready to eat in one hour!
Meet my new Raspberry Almond Cake. A perfectly soft, butter cake with a distinct almond flavour. Made with almond meal and a dash of almond extract, this cake is filled with juicy raspberries and topped with crunchy, flaked almonds.
It’s surprisingly easy to make, but it looks just a little bit fancy. And it tastes amazing! Light, buttery and almond-y.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal or ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) full fat or whole milk
- 125 grams (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 30 grams (1/3 cup) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar or powdered sugar, to serve, optional